When you’re looking for a home for sale in Charlotte or any of the surrounding communities, whether you want a house in Mint Hill or a new home near North Mecklenburg High in Huntersville, you’re probably going to want to work with a buyer’s agent.
The question isn’t really why would you work with an agent; it’s why wouldn’t you?
What Will a Buyer’s Agent Do for You?
As a buyer, you don’t have to pay for representation from an agent. The seller typically pays real estate agents’ commissions.
Your agent will work with you throughout the entire home-buying process, from your initial search through closing and beyond. He’ll handle:
- Custom searches to find homes that meet your needs
- Making appointments for you to see homes that interest you
- Advise you throughout the process, particularly when it comes to appraisals and other necessities
- Answer your questions
- Take time to find what you need (and what you want) from your home—and try to blend the two seamlessly
- Teach you about current market conditions
- Help you find other professionals to work with, such as real estate attorneys
- Negotiate with the seller on your behalf
- Protect and preserve your interests throughout the entire transaction
What if You Don’t Have a Buyer’s Agent?
You’ll encounter a real estate agent even if you don’t have a buyer’s agent, but that agent will most likely be the seller’s agent. That agent legally owes his or her loyalty to the seller, and because of that, the agent’s duty is to sell the home at the biggest profit possible.
That’s why for most people, it just doesn’t make sense not to have a buyer’s agent.
Are You Buying a Home in Charlotte?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Charlotte or the surrounding communities, we’d love to help you.
Call us at 704-608-2794 or get in touch with a Charlotte Realtor online today. In the meantime, take a few minutes to browse:
- All Charlotte, NC real estate listings
- Luxury homes for sale in Charlotte
- New construction for sale in Charlotte
If you think this information is helpful, we invite you to Share This Page from the options below!